Friday, May 4, 2012
So... I peed your bed...
As a mom of three
Here are 5 ways I never want to be woke up again.... (ya right, sadly this is how we roll:))
1. "Moooooooom I have blood": followed by me jumping out of bed at the butt rack of dawn in a panicked frenzy only to realize Crew has picked a scab and has a pinpoint size drop of blood on his leg...
2. "Mooooom, Thatcher and Crew are making their own steamers, you'd better get in here": Followed by me scrambling for towels because apparently it takes 3 boxes of $3 hazelnut milk to make a steamer.
3. No words... just the warm then cold and very wrong sensation that my bed is wet. Apprently it's not enough to pee in their own beds... it's custom for my youngest to then come in and pee mine as well.
4. Mom... I'm making my own eggs this morning... how do I turn the stove on.. thatcher and crew already cracked the eggs....
5. "Moooom, I'm gonna throw UUuuuuugggghhhhhppppp.... Followed by a raging river of man puke directly over my head, in my mouth and eyes.... not even joking, this is still the grossest thing I have ever ever ever experienced as a mother!!!
OK so maybe these aren't that horrible, but I have a mentioned most days my kids are awake before dawn?!?!?! You would think after 7 years of kids not sleeping through the night and getting up at ungodly hours of the morning I would have evolved into a morning person, but no luck. Without fail every time (aka almost every day), I wake up to chaos not knowing where or who I am and whose children just made the gigantic mess....
To end on a bright note... my boys are amazing... they make me laugh and fill me with so much love and joy it hurts... the other way I get woken up is by them yodeling (the first one up likes to yodel until the rest of the house is yodeling too to show we're awake.) and of course even if he's peed my bed my little guy will roll over put his little arms around my neck and say I wuv you mom... seriously... there is nothing better... those moments cover the mess and disaster and unending bodily fluids... those moments are why I wanted to be a mom and usually thinking about them is what keeps me from eating my children:)
What's the worst thing you've ever woken up to???
New To The EMM Blog?Just in case you're new around here I thought I'd introduce myself.... I'm the scattered crazy Earth Monkey Mom Lindsay:) And this is my family. My kids never have clean faces, my house is usually a mess and I always have 3-15 loads of unfolded laundry sitting on my couch. My family just received an Extreme Home Makeover and it's crazier than ever here! I post on Fridays and we're glad you're here and we hope you'll stick around... More than anything we want you to know that none of us have it all together... and wether your kids are 40 or 4 you're not alone in your journey through motherhood!
So... I peed your bed...
boys|kids chaos|kids sleeping patterns|parenting|raising boys|